We are always looking to add talented individuals to our team. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMMEDIATE CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
Corbett Land Strategies Inc. (CLS) is a rapidly growing planning and land development firm offering a wide range of residential, industrial, and commercial land use planning expertise. We specialize in providing private and public sector clients with community planning, strategic development, and land use approvals advice. Located in Oakville, Ontario, CLS provides services to clients throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
Due to a rapidly expanding client base, CLS requires the services of a Planning Technician to join their team. This is the perfect opportunity to grow your career with a new and emerging firm in the western GTA with an exciting portfolio of projects and clients. You will have the opportunity to work alongside highly respected individuals and report directly to the principals of the firm with respect to:
* Urban and community planning/urban design;
* Development feasibility;
* Development approvals;
* Land acquisition strategies;
* Development and landowner co-ordination and project management; and,
* Expert and advisory services.
You will expand your expertise in land use planning and development approvals through:
* Analyzing the planning status of potential development sites;
* Undertaking planning and research analysis;
* Assembling, analyzing, interpreting and maintaining statistical demographic and other data for planning purposes;
* Preparing presentations and mapping/design documents
* Preparing municipal development applications including the determination of information requirements official plan amendments zoning by-laws, site plans; and
* Review of consultant reports and design submissions in support of development proposals.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* The ideal candidate for this position will be a recent graduate of a recognized Planning Technician diploma/certificate program or equivalent
* Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD and SketchUp software required
* The ideal candidate will be progressing towards their Certified Planning Technician (CPT) accreditation, a membership with the CACPT (Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 1-2 Years
JOB TYPE: Full-time